Friday, June 4, 2010

Master-Professor Rasmussen







I only put the title on because that's what my lovely sister was referencing me as! Yes, its true I officially got my Master's Degree from Doane College on May 16th. Quite a journey it was with pregnancy, bedrest, two little ones, a husband and a social life. But I made it and I'm NOT going back. That is until the school informs me I must have continued education then I will consider taking another class. I LOVED taking all of my classes at Doane and met so many awesome people the few years I was there. Doane also offered me a teaching job to teach early childhood or special education. Its a long story of how they asked me to teach but it had nothing to do with who I know (which is usually the case in all life's situations), I can officially take credit and say it was/is my expertise in my profession that got me the teaching offer!! Way excited for that! I will do a follow up visit on that offer next week and see what comes of it. I was not and am not willing to relocate to Crete but told them I would do summer classes at the Grand Island campus or online courses during the school year. Crazy to think at 27 I could be a Professor!!!!

P.S. Thank You to all of my Amazing Family members that braved the outdoor ceremony in the rain just to hear my name and give a little WHOOT WHOOT in support! And thank you to all the family that wanted to be there but couldn't your cards and calls were great to get and know of all the support I had that day! I love you all!!
AND by the way the teal thing around my neck is the Doane hood that they put on us to prove we graduated! It was just ironic that my shirt underneath matched it. I didn't realize until someone said it while we were taking pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Was?...that IS what I am going to refer to you as for good ;) Nice job, I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic Sonya! Congratulations Professor!!!!!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful accomplishment. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete