Saturday, March 5, 2011

Teeth

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. I loved hearing all the stories of...oh, you'll be fine...I was eating a big mac the next day...I wasn't sore or swollen at all...blah, blah, blah. For those of you that this happened to, I secretly am cursing you. My face is swollen, my lower lip, chin, and right side of my face are numb. I can feel bone sticking out on both of my top teeth that are cutting into my cheek. It hurts to talk let alone try to eat anything, even jello was too much to chew and I about started crying with the pain. The oral surgeon said it would take 15 minutes and it ended up taking just shy of 2 hours, WHAT!!! No wonder I feel like my jaw is broken it was propped open WIDE for 2 freaking hours! I'm one of the people that is obviously having a bad experience and won't be afraid to tell anyone about it. I once thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones who would never have to get my wisdom teeth out. Not True. Then my dear neighbor friend tells me she doesn't even have wisdom teeth...Cassie dear, I love you but I hate you for that ;-)

To make it better though...My sweet baby boy Grady came up to me this morning, lightly touched my face, and asked "Mom how are your teeth feeling" I smiled and told him Okay even though I wanted to say horrible. He then asked if he could get me anything that would make me feel better! I just told him to snuggle with me that, that would make me feel just fine and of course if one is snuggling the other has to be in on it too. So I had two wonderful little boys on my lap this morning that made all my pain and discomfort go away for those moments!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you are in so much pain. I wish I could be there to help you. Try to rest and not do too much, too quickly. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. So sorry you are having a bad time. I must admit that having my wisdom teeth out was awful too. I think it is best when we are younger. I think I was 26 or so. Feeling for you. Take care! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one terrible story! So sorry!!!!! I had a bad experience too, but mine was when I was 17. HOORID! Hope you are as good as new! xo

    ReplyDelete