Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ice Fishing with Uncle Brian

About a month ago I suggested to Brad that we all take a trip to see his cousin Brian (Uncle Brian the boys call him) who lives in McCook just to get away for a weekend. It was just after Christmas so we packed up our ice fishing gear and headed West. I told him I wasn't going if he didn't buy an ice fishing hut for me to sit in and be warm in all day so a few days prior our departure we went to Cabela's to purchase one :)
 The boys practiced casting with weighted fish because that's 
what they are used to in the summer time. It was hard at first 
for them to understand just to drop their line in the hole and 
watch and wait....hard for mama too!!!

 Bryce loved it and got SO excited when someone caught a fish
 Grady on the other hand spent most of his time chasing these
 two geese around the lake! There were a few other kids his age
 with our group so the kids kept themselves pretty entertained!!
 I bet those geese were tired at the end of the day!
 Brian caught the first fish! Not the biggest but it was the first!
 I always try to get one picture of me on our outings as I'm the 
one always behind the camera and looks as though 
I'm not part of these fun-filled days!
 Brycie finally caught his very own fish and reeled it in by himself!!!
Note the wardrobe change, he stepped into one of the ice holes
and was snatched out after being waste deep in the water
 for a few seconds. Brrr!!!! He was one cold little boy, good thing
 we had a heater to thaw him out!
 The next day Brian borrowed a neighbors snow mobile and 
took the boys for a ride! They loved it :)
Such a fun time, can't wait for the next time we vacation with Brian!

1 comment: