Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back Injection #2

Got my second back injection today. We are leaving for our cruise this Saturday so I wanted to be in tip top shape for the long plane ride and hustle bustle. Well...before one gets an injection the Dr comes in to discuss the procedure and answer any questions. I told him that I didn't think the previous injection (that I received a week and a half ago) was doing its job. I'm not in as bad of pain but there's still sleepless nights and sore days going on. So I convinced him to inject in a different spot after all I'm the one feeling the pain not him.

As I'm on the operating table he says "Oh boy, hmmm, well, I've never seen that before." OK!!! HOLD YOUR HORSES...not something you want your Dr to be saying seconds before he's sticking a rather Large needle in your back spinal cord area! I of course ask what's going on. He proceeds to tell me that the bone birth defect I was trying to explain in my previous post in blocking the way to do the injection properly and had me look at the X-Ray as they do the injection all through the use of an X-Ray machine. After some talking it through between the Dr, myself, and the anesthesiologist he was going for it. He had to maneuver the needle to get to the right spot but it worked as this time it was pretty painful for a few minutes while the medicine was going in. I remember 10 years ago that it was very painful as well. A week and a half ago I had ZERO pain. So I am hopeful pain means its going to work this time. He then did two other shots to the defected bone area and major source of my pain so hoping I will find much relief in the days to come.

Pretty crazy that this is all happening but we knew it would fester to the surface sooner than later. One can only receive 3 of these shots in a years time so hoping these 2 will begin working and that I need no others. Bypassing surgery is our first goal at this time, I cannot afford a 6 week recovery. Prayers please!

1 comment:

  1. Eeek! You didn't tell me the long story, wow. Work shot, work!

    ReplyDelete