Saturday, April 23, 2011

Independence

Today Grady was getting a little bored so I put some cans of juice in a sack and told him to take them to Grandma Phyllis's house. She lives just down the alley, I can watch him on his trek the entire way. I always call to make sure he arrives so I waited a few minutes to let him talk to Grandma then I called over to make 100% for sure that he made it IN the house.

The phone was ringing at Grandma's house and Grady answered...
Grady: "hello"
Me: "Grady, is Grandma there?"
Grady: "No"
Me: "Where is she?"
Grady: "She went to Litchfield" (a place where she gets her hair done)
Me: "What are you doing over there then?"
Grady: "Just hanging"
Me: "Well, please come back home since Grandma is gone"
Grady: "Ok mom, BYE!"

I hung up and walked outside to see him walking down the alley to come back home. You would have thought he was 9 years old not 3 years old. Pretty independent little man we have on our hands! I love how grown up he is but it makes me sad too.

4 comments: